Thursday, December 3, 2009

Revlon Matte and Creme Lipstick Swatches

Lately I've been trying to find a good red lipstick. I have yellow undertones and have never worn red lipstick before so I didn't really know where to start. I've been trying out a bunch of lipsticks/lipglosses at Sephora but still haven't found one that matches well. I was recommended to try Revlon's Matte Lipstick in "In the Red" #007 and so I went out and got it today. I also picked up Revlon's Creme Lipstick in "Kiss Me Coral" #750.




 In The Red - Nicely pigmented berry red. Works well with my yellow undertones and doesn't look "off". It's truly a matte formula and there was no shine at all despite being layered over a lip balm. It's still a little too bold for me during the day time but becomes more wearable after I've blotted a few times.

Kiss Me Coral - An orange-coral shade. Since my lips have a pink tone, the color doesn't come out so orange. I really like Revlon's creme formula. Even over bare lips, the creme formula was very smooth and has just a hint of shine. The swatch with flash makes it look more glossy than it really is. It's just as pigmented as the matte lipstick as well. Both lipsticks retail for $7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment