Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Korres Lip Butter in Plum

So I finally used my Sephora $15 gift card on the Illamasqua Matt Primer and picked up a lip butter to meet the $35 minimum. I've been looking for a tinted lip balm lately and decided to go with the Korres lip butter. I swatched all the colors on my hand and fell in love with the plum color; it was also the most pigmented out of the bunch. Since I never, ever try on any lip products on my lips at Sephora I bought it w/o knowing how it looked on me. Well.... big mistake. My lips are naturally pink and with two applications of lip butter that lovely plum berry color becomes an ugly bright fuchsia.

By "application" I mean, an extremely thin layer where my lips feel slightly moisturized. I don't know if it's because my lip butter is new or not, but mine is very thick. The first application gives no moisture at all and only a sheer color. Since I do expect the lip butter to function as a lip balm, I apply another thin layer. It looks like a lovely "just bitten" berry color at first and as soon as I turn away from the mirror it becomes a nasty fuchsia.

Now I've got to return the lip butter back to Sephora because it's just not working for me. Soo did not live up to the hype! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment